place where hashish was used as currency and women were hoarded like gold

Start with a compliment, mention an unmanageable bowel movement...sweaty abs....smoking weed....wrap it up with a rapunzel reference...and some canine face crust. DONE.

VIP dancer at My Bloody Valentine - m4w - 46 (The Aragon)


Date: 2008-09-29, 12:03PM CDT


You were in the VIP terrace, stage right, dancing in the Spanish turret box closest to the stage. You must be a professional dancer or maybe an aerobics instructor because you didn't stop dancing for almost the entire show. (You're apparently in great shape!) Well, I'm not sure if you kept dancing during the 22 minute wall of sound because the low-frequency rumble triggered a spontaneous bowel movement in me after about 90 seconds and I spent the rest of the night in the men's lounge. But enough about that!

Anyway, I was right in front of the sound board (best seat in the house!) and I'm pretty sure we made eye contact during the second chorus of "I Only Said". You turned to adjust your waist-length ponytail and hike up your tank-top to expose your amazingly toned and slightly sweaty and glistening abs. I was wearing the *only* Bad Seeds 1990 German tour T-shirt and one-of-a-kind custom-crafted wooden-rim glasses with Transitions lenses. Maybe you didn't see my eyes at that very moment because the strobe light array was pretty bright throughout that whole set. Great light show though. I thought the choice of projected imagery was aptly abstract without overshadowing the band's understated stage-presence.

Anyway, enough about the band. I must say that the best part of the performance was your belly-dancing interpretation of the ceaseless waves of feedback and swirling guitar riffs. Your hands appeared to be sculpting the sound and air around your body. Combined with the hallucinogenic "Spanish Castles in Space" decor at the venue, I felt as though I was transported back in time to a place where hashish was used as currency and women were hoarded like gold. Maybe that place never really existed, but I'm pretty sure it did for a short time at the Aragon on Saturday. If I had your number I would have texted you to ask that you let down your luxuriously long, healthy hair so that I might climb up and rescue you from the afterparty or whatever you ended up doing after the show. I heard the afterparty was cancelled because Kevin Shields was so irate with the stage-side sound guy. Too bad.

Anyway, if you see this message I hope that you'll respond because I think we'd have a lot in common. You obviously have eclectic taste in obscure early-90's "shoegazer" (or even more obscure mid-to-late 80's "psychedelic twee"). We can listen to records. I have over 243,122 now in my basement library (down from over 400,000 since I learned how to use eBay more effectively and efficiently). The only doubles are in my Disco and early House collections. I used to DeeJay some loft parties and mostly wedding receptions "back in the day" here in the Birthplace of House Music, Chicago. I sold that business when CDs took over, but I'm sure I have *something* in my collection that you can dance to!

BTW: I've got five tickets left to tonight's Nick Cave show at the Rivieria if you're interested, which you probably are. I can give you a really good deal on one. I'll even buy you a drink or two, if you do drink. I didn't notice you drinking any beer. I think it was just water in your cup. I already made back my investment (and then some) on my lot of Madonna tix. So, be sure to "hit me up" here on craigslist. I think we could have a good time. If you get in touch with me soon enough I could probably "hook up" some other fun stuff for the evening's festivities (if you "smoke"... which you probably don't, because you obviously care about your body).

Okay... gotta run. I have to take my Neapolitan Mastiff, Moroder, to get groomed at PetCo. His wrinkles are starting to get crusty again, poor guy. You'll love him though, if you're a dog-person. He's been my best friend for 14 loooong years already. Any friend of mine is a friend of his!

No comments: