If you are experiencing boredom while living abroad I recommend giving a set of house keys to one of your roommate's students. I've been hanging out with Latifa a lot since I got my celly. I'm able to call and sms and set up meetings when ever I want now, which is great because I'm really important. This semester both Vanessa's and my's arabic tutors quit us. They are 'too busy.' So we recruited Latifa to replace them. You may remember her as the person who wrote "You can rent a car now" on Vanessa's birthday cake. She is also the person who was mysteriously interred at the hospital during spring break for a surgery she didn't know about.
I gave her the keys last week mostly for logistical purposes, but never bothered to retrieve them or to discuss such an event. With only one exception, she has arrived at our house without fail by 10am every day since then. Occasionally her arrival is predceded by a really offensive and equally demanding SMS.
It's pretty amazing.
She's 21 years old, lives with her family, has a boyfriend, wears hijab, uses curse words, goes to university, studies english, rides a moped, doesn't like pasta, has opinions, dresses similarly to me, has a singsongy voice that is like music to my ears and used to dj for a moroccan radio station. Do not envision her as some rando native just because you don't know what hijab is...
She left tonight after dinner, around 9pm, and said she'd be back tomorrow morning. I look forward to hearing her stupid voice earlier than I would normally even be coherent. Today I made her try three new kinds of cheeses which she thought were disgusting and weird even though I found them markedly bland.
The cell phoneI got belonged to Kristen's mom when she was in town. So when I was sending anonymous messages to people from my new unpublicized number (mostly sexual) kristen got one that read "I want you inside me." from "mom morocco"
Summy did too but he didnt respond because he thought a man was sending them.
I got the phone because I was peer pressured into it. Kristen and Matt went on strike, refusing to communicate with eachother or Vanessa for me. So I broke down and coughed up 300dh for Rogerson's extra phone and have spent the last two weeks buying recharge cards to pay for the half nonsense, half sexual sms messages I can't stop sending.
This is exactly what I thought would happen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment