Could be for RvW too though, no?

Los Angeles has been a big adjustment. I am living in a treehouse palace though and visit friends in beach towns on the weekends. Do I feel bad about 80 degree January days while my fellow midwesterners snowshoe to work in -36? Sure. BUT NOT ENOUGH TO GO HOME, SUCKERS.
Zach arrives to keep me company tomorrow. No doubt he will want to stay too.
Before you ask: No, I did not feel the earthquake today.
Justin and Amy took me to Sawtelle street for real ramen soup and fresh cream puffs.

It's called Mousse Fantasy / Beard Papa
(HOLY SHIT WHAT THE F! I KNOW, I KNOW.) They fill the puffs right in front of your eyes and there are bits of vanilla bean in the custard. It is a dream - fantasy even.
I bought some mechanical pens with 4 types of ink in them and some candy from the JAPANTOWN store.
Rob Sato is on display at GR2. The Wild Peoples of the World series really appeals to me. The three of us were transfixed. Alas, the most affordable piece there, the one of the "potato with 2 buttholes" is already purchased.





As I'm sure you've heard; today Obama repealed the Mexico City Policy. Now organizations that provide family planning services and counseling in developing nations can acknowledge abortion as an option without fear of losing the bulk of their funding. There are some pretty graphic/gnarly stories from aidworkers on the effect that the global gag rule has on women in desperate situations. It's further proof that prohibition only succeeds in increasing the health risks of abortion. BY MAKING IT UNSANITARY AND UNDERINFORMED. DUH.
1 comment:
Was the earthquake big enough to feel in the Bay Area? Because this morning, I woke up and noticed that the things that are normally on my dresser were fallen down/slanty/all rearranged. I asked my housemate if there had been an earthquake, and he said he hadn't felt one.
Also: I would like a slice of that cake, please. Will you bring one up when you come up?
Post a Comment