Kindof like the first time I learned to speak, arabic came all of a sudden.
I am writing now. I still confuse my heh & hah, del & dod, t & tah, but I can spell. The days are getting longer as I'm getting up at seven oclock to make the eight thirty arabic class. It's hotter in our apartment than it is outside. Vastly. Greatly. Tragically.
It's been in the hundred's all week.
The new friend Safa is great and I can't believe we're leaving in less than two months. This week vanessa and I wrote a song, ate some watermelon, drew some pictures, wrote misinformation about the birdflu, cleaned the roof/patio, did laundry, argued with the landlord, got worked up about politics at our school, hung out with some american study-abroaders, and I read about more paperfolding and forgot to read Bros. K.
I sleep with an extra shirt which I use to absorb sweat.
uh.

No comments: