F you gmail.

Ideas for ongoing seminar series organized by myself and Vanessa:
"Origami: The art of crease patterns"
"Dinosaurs: Are they?"
"A History of HipHop"
"Can we just be friends?"
"Slavery!"
"Space: The final frontier. Or is it?"
and finally,
"Games to play on Discovery dot com"
"Teaching with Humor: Get ready for fun!" -Special guest host, Omar.

Possible title for series: Advanced Topics

*****************Everythingfollowingistripe***************
Today we haggled in the furniture-market-to-end-all-furniture-markets, Bab Khemis. The "kh" makes no sense in English, so I will approximate it for you: cccccccgggggghhhhhcc. It's a phlegm sound, one of two, as I am learning.
So anyway, we needed to buy a new table for the compy, since we have mutually decided to move it out of Vanessa's room and into the salon, which is beautifully tiled and curtained AND not one foot away from her bed. Hm. This move is being made on behalf of her sanity and thus mine own. So we bought a table. And I bought a 'placard' which is actually a dresser; I don't know where they picked up that word. We paid a young man to pull them home for us in his cart, then he broke one of the doors off my dresser. Placard. Then we had to clean the roof because, oh shit, the drain got clogged and, look, the plaster is falling down....Excellent. haah so we mopped/pushed water around. I discovered a substantial amount of algae growing outside my bedroom door...Then we began setting up my rooftop room, which is great and homey.
Thus far, I have decided against getting a bed, as there is one in the extra bedroom downstairs, and I kindof like living with out things. I'm trying to live as bare as possible. Get into it.
So no bed.

I have been trying to send the same emails for three hours now, but to no avail, gmail is apparently down. Probably too busy hiding human rights from the Chinese.
I'm still conflicted about that.

Hit up the new bookstore; RAD. It is all we expected and more.
Tonight I did manage to get up on my correspondences, and replied to a message I was dreading in far to quick a fashion. (you know who you are!!) And I now have little more to say on the matter, so goodnight.

oh, and hemingway, whoa.

No comments: