Take off your overcoat, you're staying for the weekend

I'm peacing out to the burbs tonight (and for the next two days) to celebrate Eid, the sheep sacrificing holiday.
I'm nervous about being away from the apartment for two nights, being crammed into another family's apartment, where I will be sleeping on the couch with their six children (all adults), Vanessa, our roomie Kristen and her friend.
I am starting to have personal space issues. Last time we were there an internal crazy-switch went off while I was squashed between about eleven people around a giant bowl of couscous, unable to wedge my way in, not even being that hungry, but constantly being told to eat up. Shit man, these moroccans are always trying to help.
So that's my future. I woke up this morning mad at Vanessa for being so excited about our holiday. Bitch. The moroccan sense of family and togetherness eclipses all else, which on one hand is welcoming, and on the other, confounding. The upside is that we get to sacrifice at least one sheep. Maybe two. I'm excited about the ritual part. The other parts, not so much. Eating sheep's heart mostly sounds cool in theory. I'm just trying to be a good sport, despite the inevitable stench of blood and dismemberment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

baby sheeps, too?