1)How did we get from some shitty barrio in south San Jose to college and now, apparently, to Africa? Who knows. Chelsie and I spent last night wondering. Then I drove home in the thickest fog I've yet encountered. This valley looked great, but I could not see a thing.
2)My mom asked me tonight how I was. I asked her if she meant physically or emotionally? "Both."
I told her that I'm fine. That I vacillate between logical confidence and being completely non-linear. She said she's glad.
3)Fast forward to twelve fifteen am pacific standard time, Christmas morning; I am actually scared.
Atleast I think it's "scared". I can't be sure. I am not afraid of Morocco, because I haven't been there, I don't know what to fear. But I am afraid of the loneliness.
In less than 48 hours I will officially be incommunicado. And that scares the shit out of me.
4)This all sounds so stupid, I'm sure. But on This American Life tonight, in her story about Jesus, one girl said "It felt like I had found a hundred dollar bill and at the same time was being chased by rabid dogs."
More like a MILLION dollar bill.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
more like a BILLION DOLLAR BILL. you're gonna be allright kid.
Post a Comment